DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

AFCI/GFCI for Kitchen Applicances

2197 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  gregzoll
Renovating my kitchen and need to know what type of breakers and receptacles to use for the appliances.

In this case, refrigerator, dishwasher, gas oven, range hood, microwave.

According to code, every breaker should be AFCI and that is what I planned but I wanted to be sure.

For the outlets i wasn't sure if I needed GFCI or non GFCI outlets.

1 - 1 of 6 Posts
Receptacles need to be GFCI protected. This can be done using breakers or receptacles. You might want to look into GFCI/AFCI breakers if they are available for your panel. What NEC code cycle is your area using?
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.