DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Have a PV cell hooked into a front address light and two coach lights on house. Recently replaced burned out address lights (See photo) and noticed the address light is now "always on". Previously the address light was dusk-to-dawn, similar to the coach lights. Coach lights still function dusk-to-dawn. I replaced the PV cell about 3-4 years ago when all three lights were "always on". (I think the PV cell fails to always on).

Question: What would cause the address light bulbs to now be always on? Seems odd as the coach lights still function correctly. As far as I could see, when I had the address light cover pulled, I didn't see any separate PV cell for the address lights. IS it the bulb type? This was the only bulb that matched the originals at Lowe's.

As far as I know, these bulbs are OEM with the house, so had been working since 2007-ish. I can't seem them having been on 24/7 for that long, even with low-voltage.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Chad

Automotive tire Saving Coin Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
84 Posts
Either the address lights were always on before (maybe you didn't notice) or the address lights got tied in to line side of photo cell. Not a lot of options here. I've seen many HOA's where they're on all the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts