DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am roughing in the plumbing on a 2nd story addition. I need a bar sink in the middle of an interior wall. The wall is directly on top of 2X4 trusses. I know I cannot drill through that and will come through the floor and set cabinet over the floor penetration. Question is, how do I vent back up through the wall??:(

·
Long-Time DIYer
1,460 Posts
I'm not a pro plumber, but I can't see why you can't just 45 or 90 back into the wall cavity and take it up and out from there.
Good Luck!
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a pro plumber, but I can't see why you can't just 45 or 90 back into the wall cavity and take it up and out from there.
Good Luck!
Mike
If I do that the cabinent will have a pretty big hole in it. If I tee up throught the floor how far can I go with the vent horizontally if I shoot for an exterior wall then up?

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
If you can bring the drain up and 45 it into the wall then another 45 to bring it verticle. Then your san "T" then go straight up with the vent.
Doing it this way you will need to notch out a little on the bottom of the cabinet but it will work.

Another way would be to move the wall 3 or 4 inches to the side of the floor truss

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can bring the drain up and 45 it into the wall then another 45 to bring it verticle. Then your san "T" then go straight up with the vent.
Doing it this way you will need to notch out a little on the bottom of the cabinet but it will work.
Thanx, never even gave that one a thought.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts