DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am adding a bathroom to my basement and I have drawn up some plans for the pipe to tie into the main stack. My main questions are regarding venting. Since I am unable to tie into the vent on the main floor, I was looking to see if what I have drawn up on drawing 2 is good to go or if I need to do anything different. Also, on drawing 2 I wanted to see if I'm ok to come in from the toilet using the 3 3 3 wye connector as shown. In drawing 1, is it ok to go from the toilet flange directly into a 1/4 bend 90 (not enough fall if I use a long sweep). Then where it ties into the main stack, is it good where sanitary tee sits right over 90? Thanks for any and all feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Your home state so we know what code applies. Quick look if you are under IPC your shower needs to tie in down stream of the vented lav. If the distance is less than 8 feet to the tie in you do not need to vent.

The other option is you need to vent the shower by passing under a wall to place a vertical vent. You cannot use a dry flat vent as you have drawn. Dry vents must go 6 inches above the fixtures flood level rim prior to turning horizontal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shower drain is probably about 17' from tie in to main stack. The vent I drew for the shower would turn up in the wall next to the shower and I thought I could put an AAV in there above the sink height since there will be an access panel in that wall for the shower valves. Hard to see in the drawing but for the vent on the shower drain, I was going to come out with a rolled tee to go to the wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts