DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an issue where I have a set of concrete stairs coming off of my back patio. I would like to install a fence going down the side of the stairs but I have an issue where the stairs meet the back patio of my house. I dig down about 6 inches in the corner and, of course, I hit concrete. I'm concerned that if I try to remove or even drill down into the concrete, I may harm the house foundation. I think the concrete is from the stairs and not the foundation but I'm not 100% sure. Is it safe to try and remove the concrete in that corner under the ground or is there a better solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robbie

·
retired framer
38,767 Posts
Hi all,

I have an issue where I have a set of concrete stairs coming off of my back patio. I would like to install a fence going down the side of the stairs but I have an issue where the stairs meet the back patio of my house. I dig down about 6 inches in the corner and, of course, I hit concrete. I'm concerned that if I try to remove or even drill down into the concrete, I may harm the house foundation. I think the concrete is from the stairs and not the foundation but I'm not 100% sure. Is it safe to try and remove the concrete in that corner under the ground or is there a better solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robbie
Can you bolt it to the step.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the replies. I wound up just concreting the post onto the existing concrete. The existing concrete was far enough down that I was able to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts