DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My downstairs AC won't maintain the set temp. The upstairs is cold and separated by bedrooms. Downstairs is fairly open. It blows cold air from the ducts. Checked duct connections all is fine. Felt supply lines and they feel fine. Washed off fins. Live in las vegas where humidity is usually around 13% this past week has been stormy with humidity at about 60-65%. Any suggestions would be helpful. Unit is a lennox

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have the thermostat set for 78. The inside temp ranges between 80-81. during the day. at night it maintains the 78 setting

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
How would I check that?
Go to the store and get a thermometer that goes below 0 degrees. Find them in the kitchen section at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Wal-mart. Hold the probe end in the closes vent to the air handler, and then go to the farthest one. Mine runs around 44-48 degrees. My home stays around 72 during the day, 70 at night. 78 is way too warm for me, no matter where it would be.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you don't have the type of thermo mentioned by gregzoll, any thermometer will do, just put it within one inch of the cold air register and measure the air temp. I bet your air temp is somewhere between 60 and 80...( all we want to know is exactly how cold the air is)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts