DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm trying to wire a toggle switch on a small electric motor. However i sometimes get a small jolt when i turn the motor off. I'm new to ac, but i am quite familar with dc wiring and something's obviously not right here :)

I was thinking it might have something to do with the yellow thing which looks alot like a capacitor to me. Maybe it is placed incorrectly or something, because the shock is really small, but still noticable.
Vision care Electrical wiring Eyewear Gas Wood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
You are probably getting hit with the capacitor. If you wait a bit it will drain

This look like a 120v motor so just take the black wire from the cord and put it on the toggle switch and then take another piece of wire from the other terminal of the switch to the place where the original black wire was connected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are probably getting hit with the capacitor. If you wait a bit it will drain

This look like a 120v motor so just take the black wire from the cord and put it on the toggle switch and then take another piece of wire from the other terminal of the switch to the place where the original black wire was connected
All right, so the capacitor should then be wired "after" the switch if i understand correctly?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top