DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A tenant email me this message:

I went through the A/C system and cleaned the fins of debris in anticipation of hotter months. I checked the A/C for level and it's slightly off, but I did not correct it.

The unit is a split system and the condenser coils sit outside in the backyard. I called my tenant he said he worried because the AC level was slightly off the bearings might get loose.

I'm planning to go to the property next week.

What should I be looking for and/or concerned with?

Thanks

·
Registered
Building my last home
457 Posts
Just how did he know the level was SLIGHTLY off. Are we talking about physically, the equipment? or did he use gauges?
My air handler is slightly off plumb to facilitate water removal.
If the guy used gauges, get a new tenant!!! Every type of coolant needs its own gauges.
Cross contamination is possible if your using R134 gauges on a R 419.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just how did he know the level was SLIGHTLY off. Are we talking about physically, the equipment? or did he use gauges?
My air handler is slightly off plumb to facilitate water removal.
If the guy used gauges, get a new tenant!!! Every type of coolant needs its own gauges.
Cross contamination is possible if your using R134 gauges on a R 419.
The tenant didn't touch anything. He believes the stand which the AC unit sits in the back yard (split system. Other half is in the attic) is slightly off. And because it's nt level this might cause the bearings inside the unit to become loose.

·
Administrator
41,392 Posts
Slightly un level won't harm anything.

In fact, they can be very far out of level, and still have no harm done to the compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts