DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old AC lasted nearly 30 years. From the time it was installed, with City Inspection of new electrical extended to compressor (original 1951) lights throughout the house gave a quick flicker every time it kicked on, Our new AC unit, using same electrical, also causes a flicker each time it comes on but the flicker is more pronounced. Is this a problem?

·
Super Moderator
15,371 Posts
You may want to see about installing hard start kit on the AC. The new AC may be drawing more than the old unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Install a hard start kit, that is sized for that unit.

What is the model number?
Unit is a Bryand 126CNA042-A.

It seems unlikely the issue is the compressor as the old unit did this for decades and the new one has done it since we first used AC about 4-5 months ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,371 Posts
If this is an long standing issue it could be the power company transformer also. As the unit starts the voltage sags and the lights dim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If this is an long standing issue it could be the power company transformer also. As the unit starts the voltage sags and the lights dim.
That sounds like good news. I seriously doubt power complany would infestigate, let alone fix, the issue. If there is no safety problem and it isn't causing damage to electrical appliances I can live with it. Thanks for input.,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts