DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of your guys heard about this idea before:

Your eternal, one Self (not this temporary self in this temporary world) had an idea in “eternity” (which remains a constant state) where you existed with your Creator in oneness: what could be different than how the everlasting Creator created everything to be, and how would that come about? What would come out of this, and how would this idea affect me? Therefore, with this idea in mind, you sought an experience that was completely different from the experience of what you were eternally, and became the direct opposite of it, for the curiosity you had led you to this decision by your own free will.

I was just wondering what to make of this? Any suggestions?

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
What does it matter what anyone else thinks if this whole world comes from your own imagination anyway? :wink:

We don't exist. Only you do. So our answers would really be yours... but they would be the opposite of what really is? :huh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does it matter what anyone else thinks if this whole world comes from your own imagination anyway? :wink:

We don't exist. Only you do. So our answers would really be yours... but they would be the opposite of what really is? :huh:
I think you getting it wrong about what the author, Nurkun, is trying to communicate on his website. He isn't saying our self in this body but our true self in eternity that had the curious idea which brought us to this world.

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
Is this the interpretation you get out of this?
Nope, that's just what was going through my mind at the time I was editing out links. I actually did read what you posted, but that's just too deep for me.

DM

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Don't sweat it, guys. Harold Camping has already enlightened us. He has told us that there's no point in planning on much of anything beyond May 21, 2011. So I guess whoever has dreamed us into this non-reality will wake up on that date.

We've only got a week left to get it all worked out...... :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He also teaches that the Quran is valuable to all humans.
Actually what I wrote here, He is getting it from the Quran. I sum it up like this: He is saying we are Allah and being Allah, we had a thought in eternal oneness, that bought us here.

So pretty weird isn't?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't sweat it, guys. Harold Camping has already enlightened us. He has told us that there's no point in planning on much of anything beyond May 21, 2011. So I guess whoever has dreamed us into this non-reality will wake up on that date.

We've only got a week left to get it all worked out...... :eek:
I hope your right!

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
But don't worry, I'll go right back to sleep again for another thousand years.....

DM

·
Framing Contractor
1,452 Posts
Actually what I wrote here, He is getting it from the Quran. I sum it up like this: He is saying we are Allah and being Allah, we had a thought in eternal oneness, that bought us here.

So pretty weird isn't?
A few other prominent writers cite a different book, and have a name for theories such as the one you cited. I think that would be called Blasphemy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, that's just what was going through my mind at the time I was editing out links. I actually did read what you posted, but that's just too deep for me.

DM
For what reason you edited out the link, since I put it their for anyone who want to take a shot at reading his stuff. It isn't allowed, I guess?

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
I hope your right!
Well, I'm a year or two older than most of you here, and I've seen a lot of 'em come and go over the past half dozen decades.

And poor ol' deluded Harold said this same thing back in the 80's. He was sadly misguided back then too.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,101 Posts
I'm surprised that religious discussion is allowed. There is no faster way to start a fight.

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Not talking about religion. Is that really possible?

Khalil Gibran once wrote:

And an old priest said, "Speak to us of Religion."
And he said:
Have I spoken this day of aught else?
Is not religion all deeds and all reflection,
And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom?
Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations?
Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; This for my soul, and this other for my body?"
All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self.
He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked.
The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin.
And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage.
The freest song comes not through bars and wires.
And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn.
Your daily life is your temple and your religion.
Whenever you enter into it take with you your all.
Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute,
The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight.
For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures.
And take with you all men:
For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair.
And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles.
Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children.
And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain.
You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees.

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
I'm surprised that religious discussion is allowed. There is no faster way to start a fight.
This is true but if it gets out of hand,
A moderator will have to take a stand,
And quick as a flash,
It'll go to the trash,
And peace will reign in our land.

DM

1 - 20 of 101 Posts