DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,

I have the following door handle, that rotates 180 degrees. The position allows the door to be totally opened, closed, or just half opened as a window.
The problem is it keeps coming out, but this didnt happen before.

Any idea how to fix this?

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
It looks like there's a set screw on the shaft of the handle...is that loose? Is there a similar set screw in the handle on the other side of the door?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Is there a handle on the outside? Does the outside handle come off when the inside handle comes off? Look at the end of the square shaft coming out of the handle. Does it look like there might be a screw running through the shaft?

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
I recognize it from trips to Europe, but have never tried repairing one. Unless some else has experience with them, I’d recommend a forum based in Europe. This one is primarily US and Canada.

I don’t know if they use that style in the UK, but would suspect they do.
I’d give DIYnot.com (UK based) a try.

·
retired framer
46,903 Posts
I have seen the Tilt and Swing doors here but the handle did not look like that.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
I think the square shaft should be affixed to the outside handle, and then the inside handle is removable via the set screw that @huesmann mentioned.
If that is correct, then the question becomes why is the square shaft not staying with the outside handle. Remove outside faceplate to have a better look. Maybe a missing clip. Maybe a factory press-fit that is no longer tight.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The OP should go to the website and work his way to Service and Downloads. He can identify what he has, I can't, and download Installation and Service documents. With the documents, he should be able to figure out what's going on with the handle.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Since the OP hasn't been back, we are all just speculating.

Reactions: Nealtw
1 - 12 of 12 Posts