DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a contractor install new gutters with covers on a flat part of the roof (mu house is a dormered Cape Cod)

Today was the first big rain and the water was running down between the gutter and r=the soffit.

Could it be that the covered gutters are not good for flat roof?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Welcome to the forums lioffe123

Should be all right for flat roofs if installed correctly. Just my opinion.

Did the contractor bend the mesh to meet the roof and edge of gutter? What kind of gutter cover was used? Please post some pics, Hard to visualize without pics. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Seems unusual if the gutters are the covered type for water to get between the gutter and the soffit. If that's the case, he needs to get back ASAP. You don't want an issue like that festering when winter comes.

·
Super Moderator
12,158 Posts
I just had a contractor install new gutters with covers on a flat part of the roof (mu house is a dormered Cape Cod)

Today was the first big rain and the water was running down between the gutter and r=the soffit.

Could it be that the covered gutters are not good for flat roof?
If the gutter cover portion is installed over the top of the roofing material vs under the roofing then it's done wrong and needs to be fixed.

If the cover is installed under the roofing and over and into the gutter there's no way you should be having water getting in between the gutter and the fascia/soffit unless you have roof leak issues that that start above that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts