DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plants in my landscape that I don't know what they are or how they should be trimmed, could someone help me out.

Also, I have a certain type of weed, that looks like a fern, growing in multiple spots and is starting to take over. Is there a spray or something that I can spray my landscape bed with that will kill weeds and not the plants? I used preen last year when before I put the lava rock down and it did pretty good, but will it work if I put it on top of the lava rock instead directly on the dirt?

Thanks, Abs

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

First one is lilac and second one is ferns.
Both are wonderful in the garden.
:thumbup:

·
Banned
4,226 Posts
Yes lilacs are beautiful, but here in Ontario, they are also extremely hardy. Unless you keep it small, that entire bed will be taken over with the bush and worse, the sucker shoots. For that reason I would never plant one so close to the house. In fact I would give it a bed of its own, far away from everything else.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anything I can use to kill the vetch\fern without killing my other plants?

Thanks.

·
Don't know it all, yet!
910 Posts
My vote is that it is common vetch- probably has small pea-like purple blooms. Why not just pull it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts