DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a bathroom remodel done in which we converted what was a closet serving as a return air duct into part of the bathroom. The intake was at the bottom of the door. This is what it looks like now.

https://picasaweb.google.com/treshebert/DIY?authkey=Gv1sRgCOeEtqrH59OFxgE&feat=directlink

The house has been so hot since this was complete. Once I started inspecting it all I noticed that the new return compartment was not exactly air tight I sealed it as best I could but it did not seem to help. What can I do??? The house is hot, the AC is running constantly. Do I need to move it back down low?

Houston, Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the supply registers are blowing air it just doesn't seem as strong or as cold as it was before. I had someone come out 2 weeks ago to give the system a 20-something point check up and everything checked out just fine. The system seems to work but will not cool to set point. Yesterday while set at 78° it stayed 82-84° in the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.