DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my a/c ducts in my basement have come loose. The unit is running as normal but there is NO air coming out of the vents. I went down to the basement and some of the ducts appear to be drooping but everything looks connected. Also, it is nice and cold in the basement.

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
Did you have good air flow out of them before or just notice a lack of flow?

What's up HVAC122

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had excellent air flow until this morning....now I have a little in the back of the house but less in the front portion. I also found that one of my cats has found access to the basement & I think he was walking on top of the ducts in the basement. They appear to all be connected, but some areas look "droopy". Thanks!

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
Start at the filter and see if it is clean, Then check the return air for no restriction.

You have done a cat head count?:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! All cats are accounted for....I fixed the panel back so they can't get down there. I changed the (filthy) filter and that seems to have resolved the issue. I can't believe so much dirt can accumulate like that (although I do have three cats AND three dogs)! Thankfully it wasn't as hot today as normal (Oklahoma) and it did rain a lot last night. Once again, thank you for your help.:thumbsup:

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
With that many animals inside or around you might check your filter every or every other month.

Glad to help

·
Banned
3,704 Posts
I think my a/c ducts in my basement have come loose. The unit is running as normal but there is NO air coming out of the vents. I went down to the basement and some of the ducts appear to be drooping but everything looks connected. Also, it is nice and cold in the basement.
bbbbbbb

·
Hvac Pro
23,386 Posts
You may want to get a professional duct cleaning company to clean the ducts. Better for your health and prevents the filter plugging as often. Don't call low overhead Lou as they don't spend the time and use a truck with a big enough vacuum. Pay more and get a proper job done by a reputable outfit or it is a waste of time/$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts