DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Have a 2017 KitchenAid Dishwasher (KDFE204ESS3) that is not working properly. The tub is filling and subsequently draining, but nothing in between. For example, I put it into "Rinse Only" mode to test, it fills as expected, float works and stops fill valve as expected, and then it just sits there silent for 10-15 minutes (presumably the time programmed for the Rinse Only cycle), then it successfully drains. There is no buzzing, humming or other indication that a motor is locked up/seized. We keep the dishwasher in good working order, clean the filter, etc.

Looking at the parts diagram, I think I ruled out the Inlet Valve and Drain Pump since it fills and drains successfully. So my initial thinking is the main Motor Pump or possibly the Diverter Valve. I guess technically it could also be an issue with the mainboard or some other electrical component. Anyone experience this before? Thoughts?

Parallel Font Slope Rectangle Auto part

Product Font Auto part Parallel Diagram

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the pump motor, after the filling is done that motor should engage
Yea, that is what makes the most sense to me as well. Just hate to shell out the money for it if that isn't the issue. I tried flipping the breaker to see if a power cycle would fix it but it did not. I wonder if there is a way to enter a diagnostic mode or hard reset or something. I'm not getting any blinking lights or anything to indicate there is an issue (even though there is).

·
Registered
Building my last home
3,918 Posts
Its a dishwasher, not a tool for repairing it.
The only hard reset I can think of is unplug it. Not really what you were thinking.
There is a coil not picking up when washing is called for.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out how to get it into diagnostic mode. So I pulled it apart and tested the control board. It's sending 120 volts to the main pump, but the pump's not turning on. So I'm going to order a new one of those and hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts