DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently own a lot next to my primary residence that I would like to build a 4-car garage (25 deep by 45-50 wide, 12 foot ceilings) with a gameroom/storage area above (10' ceiling).

I would need to elevate the bottom floor above the flood plain. In my area this is 10-15 feet

Is their a site (or knowledgable person on here) for estimating the cost and detailing the process of bringing in fill dirt to build a slab on a hill?

EDIT...after some reading I see that
Asking for estimates is discouraged
$27ish a square foot (counting both floors) is a fair ballpark figure for the garage.

The only variable left is the slab. I don't know anything about how to go about raising one that high to prevent flooding...

·
Registered
30 Posts
if i understand you correctly you need to raise the gararge floor?
this prcess is not complicated but my very in price depending on the availablity of good clay fill....you need whats known as a raised slab...esentially and concrete block box full of dirt with concrete on top..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i understand you correctly you need to raise the gararge floor?
this prcess is not complicated but my very in price depending on the availablity of good clay fill....you need whats known as a raised slab...esentially and concrete block box full of dirt with concrete on top..
Yes that sounds correct. Is there a technical term for this so I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when searching for a contractor to do it?

Does the "raised" area have to sit for a while to "settle" before pouring the slab on top?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts