DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

300 Amp to 400 Amp upgrade

1172 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  robotfixer
I have 2 - 150 Amp Wads Worth Breaker panels. I'm getting ready to install a spa with a 60 AMP breaker, to be feed to a 60 Amp GFCI outdoor disconnect. Here is my problem, the Wads Worth breakers are not readily available and expensive, also the previous owner made some connections in the panel that needs to be cleaned up.

I decided to replace both panels with Square D OH series. The 150 Amp panels are more money than the 200 Amp Panels. Since I will have to use new feeder wires from the meter, should I just upgrade to 2 - 200 Amp Panels.

I work on robotics as a profession so I'm comfortable pulling the meter.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
Whether you are comfortable or not does not mean it is safe or legal to pull a meter that does not belong to you. The meter belongs to the power company. Some power companies will prosecute for tampering with their equipment. I also doubt that you have the proper protective clothing and equipment to pull a meter.

There might also be issues requiring a licensed contractor to pull a permit.
1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.