DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Circuit is controlled by a contractor, have 125v to ground, 0 voltage between the two circuits. Faulty contactor?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Naildriver
10,600 Posts
Information is too skimpy. You say "circuit", then say "circuits", plural. Need clarification. Do you have 125 v to ground on both hot leads? Does the contactor suck in when power is applied? Fill us in on a lot more information on the situation.

Reactions: rjniles

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, late night when posted. Two circuits fed from QO 230 brkr. to T105 time clock to contractor. Four light poles with 125v to ground each circuit, 0 voltage between circuits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yes, contractor pulls in when time clock is on

·
Licenced Electrician
299 Posts
Sorry, late night when posted. Two circuits fed from QO 230 brkr. to T105 time clock to contractor. Four light poles with 125v to ground each circuit, 0 voltage between circuits.

How is it you have 0V between two circuits on a QO230? Is the panel fed with 120V only?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
When you say "2 circuits" do you mean "1 MWBC circuit with two hots sharing 1 neutral"? Or is there no neutral and just two hots?

Also all you've stated is a bunch of facts about your circuit. What don't you like about what it's doing? Are the lights 120V, 240V or 277V? What kind of lights, what wattage and how many of them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lights are 240v, 1000 watt mh. I'm not liking not having the 240v required .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi, test between the 2 terminals on the top of the contactor, should be 240VAC is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts