DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought two 2000 watts convector heaters. As of my understanding, I can't put them both on a 20 amps circuits with 12-2 wires as it would draw too much amps.

Is it ok to wire them in parallel on a 30 amps circuits with 10-2 wires? Or should I put them on two separates 20 amps circuits with 12-2 wires?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no information about the circuit size in the documentation provided.

I will do only the electrical rough in and the electrician will complete the installation. I just want to be sure to put the appropriate wire in the wall before closing it.

·
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek
3,403 Posts
There is no information about the circuit size in the documentation provided.

I will do only the electrical rough in and the electrician will complete the installation. I just want to be sure to put the appropriate wire in the wall before closing it.
Can you post a link to the manufacturer's data, or provide the model number? There must be a maximum circuit ampacity stated.

·
Semi-Pro Electro-Geek
3,403 Posts
The user manual says, "Protect the heating unit with the appropriate circuit breaker or fuse, in accordance with the nameplate." The nameplate data needed to determine this (maximum circuit ampacity or OCPD) is nowhere in the spec sheet or user guide. You'd have to either look at the nameplate on the unit itself, or call the manufacturer. That's very annoyingly sloppy documentation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.