DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Start first by telling where you are, general area, US or Canada? Then see if you can't post a picture or three. From the sound of it you are in a Hysterical District with all the um, blessings attached. You've got a house with an detached garage/servants quarters? (I'm tempted to think human occupancy could therefore be "grandfathered" in). And a pool, (lucky you! that's sarcasm, by the way. Bren there, dun that, don' wanna go back馃). And you want to renovate and bring the wiring into the 21st century.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Registered
Here, in Florida, at least at one time water and electric in sperate conduits but in the same ditch was accepted practice (weasel words) I do not know if it is now.
I can certainly see that because of your locale (physical and otherwise) you would need to adhere to the local building codes and circumstances (another weasel word).
For a carefully considered opinion I have to offer this - some regulations are not the most practical nor cost effective. However they are. In your shoes I would have to take the "Caesar's wife" route and study the local code enforcement. In many ways this puts you into a "here comes that pest again" scenario. But it is one way to learn and one way to avoid any sense of impropriety.
We are in county and about 7-8 miles out side of town in a semi-agricultural area and I just went through a similar decision process. Water and electric to a small horse barn. I elected to keep them separate even though it most likely didn't matter. The bottom line, deciding, factor was that I'd rather keep the two separate. But that's me.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts