DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

2 light switches into 1 ?

372 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AllanJ
I have 2 single light switches I want to put into a double switch.

At present there is

- a one way one gang switch
- a two way one gang switch

I want in the double switch

the same

Please see the pictures for more details.
Im from the UK but this setup is in france so a bit confused and all the workmen are off til at least April 15.

thanks very much


See less See more
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
You may wish to repost your question on the UK site of

. A two way switch (called 3 way or single pole single throw in the U.S.) can be wired up as one way (called on-off or single pole single throw in the U.S.)..
A two way switch (called 3 way in the U.S). is a single pole double throw switch.

Most switches sold in the UK are actually Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switches, although many are just used as a One-Way switch, so one terminal remains unused.

The two switches in your second picture appear to be SPDT switches.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.