My GFCI outlet in my kitchen (next to the dishwasher, garbage disposal switch and sing) is not working.
What I did:
- Pushed the reset button on the GFCI. NOTHING.
- Flipped the switch at the main panel. NOTHING.
- Installed a new GFCI outlet. Old GFCI had a burn mark on it so I was optimistic. NOTHING.
- Tested wiring connecting to the GFCI outlet with a multimeter. Only read 12Volts.
- Checked breaker with multimeter. Registered 120V.
I don't know what to check next, but 120 volts is not making it to the end of the wire at the GFCI outlet connection.
I have a detached garage where my breaker box is located.
I moved into this 2006 house last year and this outlet didn't work at that time either.