DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me to a 10 inch rough in, 1.28 gpf, one-piece toilet. Given the difficulties in finding this, I am beginning to think that it does not exist.

It it is compact-elongated, that would be even better but at this point I am willing to accept either round or elongated.

Thanks!!

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
Talking.... I don't know where to find that toilet... certainly not at the BB's, maybe the internet.

I'm sure you are aware that you can get a 2" offset flange, and that would open up alot of toilet choices..... assume you want what you want for ultimate space saving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MTN -- thanks. Yes, I am beginning to think that it does not exist, but am hoping that one of you guys might know of one.

Anyway, I have heard about the flanges. I was concerned about using a flange because of two reasons: First, and most important, I was concerned about the possibility of more blockage when using a flange, especially at only 1.28 gpf. Does anyone have an opinion about whether a flange would increase the chances of blockage.

Second, there is a space issue; but I guess I can't win them all so I might have to accept losing some space.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
Talking......

I had a property with the powder room really small and F'd up. The toilet faced the wrong way and the powder room was really small. It was materially a hinderance to sale.

In relocating the toilet, I actually went the other direction, converting to a 10 rough in. Had to replumb (in a very tight wet soffit access) with some strange bends in street configuration (had to drive other side of Denver to get them) and still had to use the offset flange to flip/move/relocate the toilet.

1) I think I found only one choice for the 10 toilet at the BB's.

2) I've never had or heard of any issue using that 2 offset flange (I was in 3" and even had some strange bends getting to my branch) I don't remember code at that time (4-5 years ago)... doubt it was a 1.28 flush then.

3) Guess I would not be worried about using that 2 offset flange.... but maybe one of our plumbing pro's has more than my limited experience.... maybe they will chime in....

Best

·
Super Moderator
11,614 Posts
I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me to a 10 inch rough in, 1.28 gpf, one-piece toilet. Given the difficulties in finding this, I am beginning to think that it does not exist.

It it is compact-elongated, that would be even better but at this point I am willing to accept either round or elongated.

Thanks!!
I not sure why you're having difficulty finding these. Perhaps the 1.2gpf is the issue.
Try some of your local plumbing wholesalers. Some will deal with the public.
Try the box stores on-line

Try here too
http://faucets.efaucets.com/search?p=Q&srid=S12-USCDR01&lbc=efaucets&ts=custom&w=10 rough in toilet&uid=29024293&method=and&isort=globalpop&view=list&review=1&srt=0

Mansfield has 10" toilets too. I've put a few of them in.

Reactions: ben's plumbing

·
Remodel and New Build GC
9,461 Posts
I not sure why you're having difficulty finding these. Perhaps the 1.2gpf is the issue.
Try some of your local plumbing wholesalers. Some will deal with the public.
Try the box stores on-line

Try here too
http://faucets.efaucets.com/search?p=Q&srid=S12-USCDR01&lbc=efaucets&ts=custom&w=10 rough in toilet&uid=29024293&method=and&isort=globalpop&view=list&review=1&srt=0

Mansfield has 10" toilets too. I've put a few of them in.
E.... I think he is looking for a one piece... in his first post.... and maybe not at the high Toto end... or local?????

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
It's the combination, 1.28 gpf +10inch+one piece.

So, which one to you want to give on ?

Personally, I'd give up on the one piece and by the Toto Drake II.

·
JOATMON
15,161 Posts
Speaking of Amazon....I bought my last Toto Drake II through them...free shipping....and it showed up in one piece....and it was $75 cheaper than the best price my local plumbing supply would give me....and they were giving me the good guy price.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
you can order a 10" rough ==== 2-peice combo ...or 1 peice... dig deep cookie into those pockets...:yes::yes: ..as mentioned from most plumbing supply

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you talk to a knowledgeable associate in the kitchen and bath dept of the big home improvement chains they can order you a 10" offset toilet. I'm thinking it is an American Standard Cadet 3, mmmm, $350? or so. Possibly only in white. Might be available online, too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oops, missed that he wanted a one piece toilet. Not aware that there is one, but I've never had a customer ask for one so haven't looked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts