DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys, I'm building a 10-ft high concrete retaining wall 12-in thick with a 10-ft radius curve. Looking for advice on forming. Was figuring on using two pieces of 3/8 inch plywood with 2x4 verticals every 12 in. Does that sound like enough support?
On the curve section should I just do verticals with bracing going to the ground at three different heights or do I need to figure out a way to make a curved wailer backing and if so how many for 10 ft high?

Thank you very much for the advice.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
What does your engineer say? Around here you would need stamped plans for anything over 3 foot,

·
Concrete & Masonry
3,915 Posts
Just to clarify, you are forming both sides of the wall? If so, definitely snap ties to hold it together, probably one every 2-3 sq. feet of wall face.

If you're attempting to pour a one-sided wall 10' high, I'm not even gonna bother offering any advice..........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to clarify, you are forming both sides of the wall? If so, definitely snap ties to hold it together, probably one every 2-3 sq. feet of wall face.

If you're attempting to pour a one-sided wall 10' high, I'm not even gonna bother offering any advice..........
Yes, forming both sides with snap ties, filling in dirt behind after.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts