DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to replace an entire wall of siding this summer.. I am a 1 man crew.. so I had to get inventive..

was putting up 12 foot sections of 7 1/4" cement boards so I invented these handy little guys to help me keep them in place.. easy to slap together. worked like a charm..
8 foot 2x4 with a 3 foot "T" nailed to the bottom with a little foot on the backside to keep it from leaning out away from the wall

I just nailed in my base bottom row.. leveled off my helpers with the wall then marked an 'X" on the upper support every 6 3/4" and put in a nail as I worked my way up.. adding the next nail with the next row.. only took me about 8 hours to finish off a 25 foot section of siding doing it by myself..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I made my own hanging clips from some 2" wide galvanized. It sits on the existing course with 1/16" behind the existing course, down to a bend where the next course can rest on. Put the first couple of nails in by hand not quite all the way, remove the clips and nail the rest.

You can buy fancy plastic and metal versions on the internet.

·
Property Mgt/Maint
6,667 Posts
Glad the brackets worked out.

Whenever I redo a whole house, I do the roof first. No sense in doing anything below it if the roof is bad.
Where is the flashing around those windows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.