DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-2 of 2 Results
  1. Building & Construction
    We have 3 joists and 2 small sections (< 5') of sill plate that have dry rot and some missing siding. Do we need a general contractor? Or could someone like a carpenter (or other type of contractor) generally repair this?
  2. Building & Construction
    House: Two-story, built on slab in 1993. We bought this house about two years ago. My wife put her hand on the wall underneath our window and her hand went completely through. I opened the wall and found among other things that water was getting in from the outside behind the window shutters...
1-2 of 2 Results