DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

shock

  1. Electrical
    We are feeling a slight shock when touching the side of our in ground, 20 year old pool. My electrician has checked the bonding and says it's good. We called another electrician who said that if bonding is good then the short may be under the concrete and there is no way to fix it without...
  2. Electrical
    Okay. Light switch and disposal switch in the same box and light is downstream from GFCI in bathroom. I went from two separate Decora switches to a single "over - under" due to inability to get double face plate that was selected by my lovely wife (thanks, honey). Now, nothing works. I have...
  3. Appliances
    Shortly after replacing my dryer plug (3 prong) it began to give slight shocks when touching various metal parts. I let it go because the shocks were not that bad (I know not good). So recently the dryer belt broke and while replacing I decided to check the ground wire(s) clean the entire...
  4. Electrical
    This is my first post so hope I’m in the right place. If not, please let me know where I should be posting. My wife and I inherited a 37 year old house that we’re planning to fix up as a rental. I noticed a porcelain light fixture in the unfinished furnace/laundry room was broken. It didn’t...
  5. Electrical
    hi, last weekend there was a water leak in the house on the main water supply pipe, this pipe is also where the main earth wire for the house is connected. Whilst I was fixing the leak the earth wire became disconnected and at one point I caught it and received a heavy electrical shock. I do...
  6. Electrical
    Hi, In my apartment, if I touch the bare metal case of certain electronics with a bare finger (in particular the back of a knuckle) while standing on the floor with bare feet, I get a tiny shock. It is absolutely not static electricity. It is a never-ending potential difference between the...
  7. Pest Control
    Hi, I have a fairly common problem. I have a cat and a medium sized dog which insist on sleeping on the couch and counters. I have tried everything from duct tape sticky-side-up to a piece of cardboard with thumbtacks pushed through to discourage them -- and they just keep sleeping there...
Top