Looking for code compliant suggestions for transitioning from TECK 2/3 and 3/3 into multiple buildings.
Current thoughts are as follows:
1) use wet rated TECK connector to an EMT LB then EMT into the building to the panel
2) sleeve the cable from 12 inches below grade to the LB...
my 20+ Summeraire HRV unit has died.
Can a homeowner buy a decent unit in ontario?
So far, all I have found is the Lifebreath units sold by Walmart Canada online.
Would this be the same as a HVAC contractor would install?
The local home depot website shows no HRV units (not sold/not stock)...
I've searched google and this forum in regards to repointing lime mortar.
My house was built in the 1950's and I have a few areas that require new lime mortar to fill the gaps in between bricks. I tested the lime mortar by putting it into vinegar and watching to see if it...
I'm renovating/reinsulating my basement, and from everything I've read, interior polyethylene vapor barriers should be avoided, walls should be allowed to dry inwards, and poly barriers trap moisture below grade since the walls can't dry outwards. So my plans was to use EPS with R-12 batts...
We had an ESA inspection done in our basement which is being finished. The inspector found theses defects:
1. OESC 2012 Rule 12-3034(3) - A minimum 3" deep box is required for the installation of a ground fault circuit interrupter.
2. OESC 2012 Rule 30-504 - Every stairway in a dwelling...
Hello. I am in Oshawa, Ontario. I need to run a 20amp circuit to the shed to power the shed lights, tv and ceiling fan and an outside GFI for a pool motor (8A). Here are the details.
- 120' run (Basement panel to shed)
- 85' is outside. (25' underground)
- Want to run conduit along the house...
I've just joined, i live in ontario and i'm building a new house. I've decided to do the wiring myself because it's one of the few things a homeowner can do without a license of some sort.
I have a few questions:
1) For kitchen and bathroom wiring of GFCI receptacles -- is it strictly...
While doing some research I came across this old document dated 2002:
1) Can anyone here confirm if the info is still current and valid?
2) If the balconies of an apartment building lack such receptacles, does that mean the...
I stumbled upon the forum through a google image search and I'm glad I found it! I get a lot of hits to my website for "DIY" or "How To's" so maybe I can contribute some around here, and learn a few new tricks.
I'll start by warning everyone that I am a materials supplier, and asking the admins...