Wide Front Marble Vanity Edge - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Wide front marble vanity edge

Hello, I want a 3 inch wide front face edge for my new bathroom vanity . I was at the design center at Home Depot yesterday and the consultant was telling me I have to have the vanity “ built up” to be able to have this look So it doesn’t interfere with that drawer functionS...I said, we could just start the drawers lower so the edge doesn’t interfere with function. He was Disagreeing with me. It just sounds like a lot of extra work and money to do it his way ?
Kwhite56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 188

Re: Wide front marble vanity edge

What is the material for your vanity top?
If it's a tile, you have to build a thick top frame with tile backing attached on top of the vanity to create a thick edge you wanted. You can order a stone/quartz/solid surface top for your vanity. However to create a 3" edge the stone manufacturer have to meter the edge (typical stone thicness 3/4" -1-1/2").

Or you can order of build the wood top to the thickness as you like and buy over the counter sink.

This is my kid's bathroom with canterleavered wood 3" thick countertop and vanity with drawers.
Wide front marble vanity edge-img_2198.jpg

Sorry just noticed that that you want a marble top. You can order a custom thick slab for your top or ask stone manufacturer to meter the marble at the edge. You still need to have a solid support for the top.

Last edited by tdisss; 09-10-2019 at 11:34 AM.
tdisss is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
Hammered Thumb

Rewards Points: 2,058

If it's a prefab vanity, the 3" face of the vanity top would probably hang down in front of any drawer or even interfere with a protruding false front. If you order a custom cultured marble or man-made stone, the entire slab will not be 3" thick, just a turned-down face(s). So you "build up" around the perimeter of the vanity the 2 1/2" or so under the slab. You can, however, ask the vendor to glue blocks under the slab so you don't have to build up the vanity. Going thru HD may not allow a custom detail like this.
3onthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #4
retired framer

Rewards Points: 20,516

I would like to see a picture of the style of cupboard that would go with this.
Advertisement