Need To Finish/hone Edge Of Travertine Vanity Top - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need to finish/hone edge of travertine vanity top

I inherited a very nice looking travertine vanity top used to be installed with surrounds on both sides. It is somewhat of a satin finish with small pits on the finished top.

I'd like to use this but need to finish off one side of it that is just a raw cut.

I looked into having the edge professionally finished, but was quoted $150 but its only 22x30 and for that, I can almost buy a new granite top from THD.

I have a "sample" which was the old right surround and was pleased enough with a belt sander to round over the edge.

What suggestions would you have for:
Finishing the edge (sand paper?)
Filling in the bigger holes (grout?)

Thanks!
ribasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement