Marble And Concrete - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Marble and concrete

How to install marble floor tiles...
haily02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 12

Haily, that is a complicated question to answer. You are really asking us to write a book. There is a heck of a lot of information to cover; subfloors, deflection, different thinsets, materials, etc. before you even get to touching a tile. If you just spread out some thinset and stick marble tile down without doing it right from the git-go, you are asking for all kinds of trouble.
Actually, there have been books written on the subject. I would suggest you pick one up at your local library or home improvement store and then come back here with specific questions.

Edited to add: On re-reading this I see you are on concrete, but still, a good tile book would be invaluable.

Last edited by Blondesense; 10-20-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Will the marble tiles go directly on to the concrete?
Polywanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondesense View Post
Haily, that is a complicated question to answer. You are really asking us to write a book. There is a heck of a lot of information to cover; subfloors, deflection, different thinsets, materials, etc. before you even get to touching a tile. If you just spread out some thinset and stick marble tile down without doing it right from the git-go, you are asking for all kinds of trouble.
Actually, there have been books written on the subject. I would suggest you pick one up at your local library or home improvement store and then come back here with specific questions.

Edited to add: On re-reading this I see you are on concrete, but still, a good tile book would be invaluable.
You mean you're NOT supposed to stick them down with bubble gum????

crapcrapcrap....

DM
Old 10-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 558

Quote:
Will the marble tiles go directly on to the concrete?
Yes.
Advertisement