How To Finish Installed Glass/travertine Tiles - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
mkb

Rewards Points: 10

How to finish installed glass/travertine tiles

I have a kitchen backsplash that is already grouted to the wall and looks unfinished. The tile layer finished the end of the tile with grout- but I don't like it. What is the best solution to get a more finished look??

I have been looking online at the Schluter options- but then the last row of 4x4 tiles have to be taken out, correct?

HELP!
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkb View Post
I have a kitchen backsplash that is already grouted to the wall and looks unfinished. The tile layer finished the end of the tile with grout- but I don't like it. What is the best solution to get a more finished look??

I have been looking online at the Schluter options- but then the last row of 4x4 tiles have to be taken out, correct?

HELP!
What was the agreement on how it was supposed to be finished? If you use that type of edging, some tiles will have to be removed, yes. I'm trying to picture travertine and glass tiles together, having a problem picturing that look.

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Yep, you're gonna have to rip them out if you want a Schluter trim to finish it off. That's not going to be fun to rip out if it's glued on well and I'm sure some of the dry wall will come out in the process. Only other thing I would suggest is you finish it off with a travertine border/trim on the edge But it might protrude past your counter-top. Good luck.
FrolickTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement