Wife Wants To Renovate The House...I Need Help - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 63

Wife wants to renovate the house...I need help

My wife is in the planning stages of our home remodel/renovation. She is at the point where she would like to see a few ideas provided to her to help with flow, layout and more.

The plan is to remove a couple walls (already talked to the structural engineer), redo the kitchen and both bathrooms.

Here are the floorplans (in floorplanner) of the current and her vision:

Current Floorplan
Her vision

Also the style she wants to portray is country nautical. So she wants the shaker style cabinet in white, new hardwood floors in the kitchen to match the rest of the house (gunstock stain on red oak), farmhouse sink, gray counter tops and a butcher block island top. The interior will be painted with grays, whites and blues. Her point of reference/inspiration is from the HGTV show "Fixer Upper".

So my question is should she/we spend the money to get an interior designer and/or architect in to provide drawings or would it not be beneficial in the end?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS...I'm not truly sold on the idea of a 10' wide wall being in the middle of the house but I also don't want to live with a person that hates the house every time she walks into it.
Geran Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

Sometimes you need the help of a designer. It depends on your ability to execute a vision, or not.
You seem to have a good idea what you want and there are plenty of resources to help with the design and source materials.
It will just take you longer to get to the result a designer would take due to their experience and contacts.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement