Water Pooling On Bottom Track Of Sliding Door - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:07 PM  

Rewards Points: 4

Water pooling on bottom track of sliding door

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice or anything of the sort.

We recently had a sliding shower door installed in our bathroom, but it looks like there's some water pooling along the bottom track. Is there any way to remedy this? Or is this normal behavior?

It's not leaking anywhere, the water just seems to collect a little bit along the track.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Water pooling on bottom track of sliding door-img_3726.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 04:14 PM  
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,004

Re: Water pooling on bottom track of sliding door

Any ones I have seen have drain holes on the tub side. Even at that, a small bit of water may lie in there but it shouldn't be much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 04:40 PM  

Rewards Points: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaitch View Post
Any ones I have seen have drain holes on the tub side. Even at that, a small bit of water may lie in there but it shouldn't be much.
Oh really? Interesting, this would definitely make sense. Wasn't in the instructions I don't think, do you by chance see an image anywhere that shows an example of what this looks like?

Sorry, I'm a rookie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 05:02 PM  
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,004

Best I could find.

I'm not saying all tracks have them, it's just my observation. Some might have the inside lip formed slightly shorter some water drains back at the ends (near the walls) which, of course, would only work if that gap is not caulked. Perhaps give your installing plumber a call. Real plumbers might chime in with better thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Water pooling on bottom track of sliding door-shower-track.jpg  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:43 AM  

Rewards Points: 62

Pooling is ok, but might be harder to clean. I've had one of these leak - apparently silicon does not stick to acrylic. So I had to pull up all my work and do it all over. This time I used Vulkem 116 which dries like a car tire. No need for drain holes. The corners and side rails can potentially allow water to enter if not sealed though. Another school of thought is only caulk the inside. Only do this with rails that are bolted on though. In my case, the sealant is the only thing keeping the rails on the wall which supports two heavy glass doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement