Ventilation Fan Intake Location - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Ventilation Fan Intake Location

I'm remodeling my bathrooms and have one nearly finished, but the problem I'm having due to the way the air flows through the shower area is that the moisture from the shower isn't being pulled out fast enough and is condensing on the ceiling and upper walls of the shower area.

What I did was get myself a 250 CFM inline fan to vent both upstairs bathroom showers which should do the trick, but wondering of a good placement for the intake. My main concern is the location of the intake for the problem bathroom because the shower area is only 32" square and the air can only move over the top of the shower door. My guess is that I should get some pretty good ventilation by putting the intake inside the shower area and that will pull the air above the shower door taking the majority of the moist air with it. I'm also thinking that with the intake inside the shower area any condensation that might form will drip back into the shower rather than on the floor.

Any thoughts?
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement