Turning Studs By Bathtub - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Turning studs by bathtub

Hey everyone, I'm a new guy here, but have been doing DIY projects for a little while now (about 5+ years). So my new dilema... Im about to takle a bathroom remodel, complete gut job.

I had to replace the tub about 2 weeks ago b/c it decided to get a hole in itself before I actully wanted to start the project , so I went ahead and replaced the tub with a whole new tub & surround.

While doing this the new tub and surround was about 1" shorter in length and I decided to (for now) just put in spacers to the wall behind it instead of moving the studs then. Behind the shower wall is a toilet, so its not the outside wall.

Now that I am doing the remainder of the bathroom, I have been thinking that I will move the wall closer to the tub but I'm thinking also to turn the studs to the side making the wall about 1.75" thick instead of the 3.5" thick. Will this work in order to gain a little more space ( I know , not much but every little bit counts right??), or am I creating more problems for myself down the road, maybe with the screws or just the thicknessof the wall, or maybe even the support to the ceiling up top.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Rob

Last edited by jr77196; 04-15-2014 at 03:57 AM. Reason: didnt leave name
jr77196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bathroom , stud , tub