Top Coat On Laminate Counters - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Top coat on laminate counters

I am wanting to redo my laminate counter tops in the kitchen. I am wondering what to use as the top coat to seal the paint that I am doing. I want something that is durable, heat resistant and can be used. I cook a lot so I want to be able to put things on it and not worry about scratching the surface or it coming off. I know that there are kits out there that have the top coat in it, but I'm not impressed with the kits and it isn't the exact look I am going for. I have tried to figure out what top coat they use, but with little luck. I have researched it and some websites say to use a polycrylic, an epoxy or polyurethane top coat. I don't know which one will work the best. Any suggestions would be very helpful!
krisfenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisfenner View Post
I am wanting to redo my laminate counter tops in the kitchen. I am wondering what to use as the top coat to seal the paint that I am doing. I want something that is durable, heat resistant and can be used. I cook a lot so I want to be able to put things on it and not worry about scratching the surface or it coming off. I know that there are kits out there that have the top coat in it, but I'm not impressed with the kits and it isn't the exact look I am going for. I have tried to figure out what top coat they use, but with little luck. I have researched it and some websites say to use a polycrylic, an epoxy or polyurethane top coat. I don't know which one will work the best. Any suggestions would be very helpful!
Not a good idea and anything you use won't last.
Laminate counter tops are made of plastic, "they" don't use a top coat of anything.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 144

This Bud guy is pretty sharp.Listen to him.
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,130

I haven't used it, but this Rustoleum stuff is right up your alley.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...6068/202820906
ZZZZZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement