Toilet Relocation - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Toilet Relocation

We are new to DIY and are planning to remodel our bathroom on the second floor of our house. We are planning to create a separate toilet room and this will require moving the toilet. We have heard this can be a problem.

We need to know what limitations we have on moving the toilet. What do we look for? We are attempting to design a floor plan but we need to know where we can and can not put the toilet and why.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #2

Have you already chosen your new toilet? My limited knowledge with this (and relatively good luck), has taught me that each toilet has specifications for space around it for installation. When moving the line, make sure it adheres to those specs!
AZLambdaK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #3

My concern is more about the plumbing and structure of the house. We have the visible space.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Handyman

Rewards Points: 518

Need much more info and pictures would help.

What is below the bathroom on the main floor? Where did yu want to move it to?
canadaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
jschaben

Rewards Points: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
We are new to DIY and are planning to remodel our bathroom on the second floor of our house. We are planning to create a separate toilet room and this will require moving the toilet. We have heard this can be a problem.

We need to know what limitations we have on moving the toilet. What do we look for? We are attempting to design a floor plan but we need to know where we can and can not put the toilet and why.

Hi Windy - Well, I'm not up on all the in's n' out's of a project like that either but I think the plumbing will be you biggest concern. The waste lines are usually 4" which is a lot of pipe to make room for. Supply lines aren't that large but I think you will likely need to tear out a floor or ceiling or maybe part of both. Another consideration is if the roof vent needs to be moved. That can be another bag of cats. Like others have indicated, more information, maybe even some pictures would help give better answers.
Good luck

"Where all think alike, no one is thinking very much"
jschaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 558

This is not something you can research on an Internet forum. Call a local contractor.
Advertisement