Tiling Dilemma - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By firehawkmph

Old 11-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Tiling dilemma

We are renovating our powder room and the left corner behind where the vanity sits is curved. We have no idea why. There is a coat closet behind the bathroom. We'd like to put a back splash and a side splash up but aren't sure how to work around this corner. Are there any tile pieces that we could use in the corner to connect the side and back splash? Or maybe the 1/2" mosaic tiles might work in the curve? The old vanity top had a back and side splash that was sort of jammed into the curve, which where the drywall is ripped out.
Attached Thumbnails
Tiling dilemma-img_8650.jpg   Tiling dilemma-img_8651.jpg  
Mikeoc538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,456

Re: Tiling dilemma

I would cut that corner out and redo it to get rid of the radius. Not sure why they did that, but it isn't that difficult to do.
Mike Hawkins
Mikeoc538 likes this.
firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Re: Tiling dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkmph View Post
I would cut that corner out and redo it to get rid of the radius. Not sure why they did that, but it isn't that difficult to do.
Mike Hawkins
Thanks Mike! So - you can see in the picture that there is a piece of wood that runs floor to ceiling (we are assuming) behind the drywall. Is it safe to assume that this piece of wood serves no purpose? This is our first DIY project so we are still learning!

Liz
Mikeoc538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
curved wall , tile