Shower Re-caulking - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 50

Shower re-caulking

Hi,
I have a builder grade shower door with two panels that needs to be re-caulked. Originally it was caulked inside and outside everywhere and caulk failed in some bottom corners and along the front of the shower pan from the inside. I have FLORESTONE 4234-1 shower pan and door similar to BASCO THINLINE but poorly designed (no solid corner but strange set of metal profiles inserted one into another). I have few questions.
1. Should I caulk inside where shower door base meets the pan? (red line on pic.1,2,3). What about numerous little gaps where one profile meets another one (yellow lines on pic.1)
2. I found a big silicone blob where threshold meets the wall jamb. Should it be there? (red circle on pic. 2,3)
3. Should I caulk around the escutcheon?
4. Should I push the caulk deep into the gap between tiles and shower pan? I'm afraid to fill up the water escape channel along the lip that should direct any water that penetrates grout to the side recess in the pan.

Sorry for being too wordy and unclear. Thanks.
Attached Images

barmaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement