Rusty Bathroom Corner Bead - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mark sr

Old 01-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 136

Rusty Bathroom Corner Bead

I was removing some chipped tile along a corner, and turns out the tile functioned as a nice cover for a rusty corner bead along half the length. I don't wan to use tile and just want to keep a smooth wall and cover the corner bead up.

This is in a bathroom, and my plan was to sand the corner bead down, hit it with some rust encapsulator, patch it, prime it, and paint it. My question is with patching - what should I use in the bathroom? I have a bag of Durabond 90 and was thinking of mixing that up, would that work or should I look to something else due to the humid environment of a bath?
WalkThisWhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
retired painter

Rewards Points: 1,424

Re: Rusty Bathroom Corner Bead

Be sure to coat the corner bead good so the rust won't come back or at least be a long time returning. Durabond will work well. Prime and then coat with latex enamel when done.
WalkThisWhey likes this.
mark sr is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mark sr For This Useful Post:
WalkThisWhey (01-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 136

Re: Rusty Bathroom Corner Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark sr View Post
Be sure to coat the corner bead good so the rust won't come back or at least be a long time returning. Durabond will work well. Prime and then coat with latex enamel when done.
Thank you!
WalkThisWhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement