It's my first time trying to re-model my kitchen island, so I appologize in advance if I'm not using the correct lingo and such.
- I was wondering if I have any option when it comes to putting a protective layer on it?
- What's the industry common name for such product?
- What should I look for when choosing my protective layer?
- When applying the protective layer to my countertop, are there any sort of precaution I should take to negate health related issue?
- In the picture on ikea website, the wood is kinda shiny. My wood is not shiny at all. It's quite dull. Is this because The picture was taken with some sort of reflective coating applied to it? And mine is just the bare wood w/o extra treatment coating?
- Any other advice for first time kitchen island re-remodeller would be greatly appreciated.