Pex For Shower Only Install Help - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Lightbulb

Pex for shower only install help

This is the last of the remodeling, majority I have done myself, yes I am a 54 yr old women who was taught by her dad the how to's of home ownership.

So install a prefab corner shower, the wall had corner shelf's built in, so we have to move the shower knob & head over by 4 inches. currently there is galvanized on there, although the pan was cemented down, and screwed to the wall all ready, so access to the hot/cold stems that come through the floor is hard to reach, not impossible but difficult. The shower control knob is already mid height, my husband wants to use the pex tube and raise up the shower control knob, then just bend the pex over by 4 ' & up to the shower head.

I hate Micky mouse jobs, and now I say its not good to mix pex doesn't have the worries of rust inside, corrosion, galvanized does. I think the pex should start with the connections that are under the house, use the entire shower set-up with pex.
Your Opinion please.

Signed Surfer Gal Ca

P.s The tool to crimp the connectors cost us $ 100.00 bucks, anybody have a cheaper tool to buy that does the same thing, I mean a one time use for this tool is such a waste.

Thanks
SurferGirl Diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
Property Mgt/Maint

Rewards Points: 6,368

use gater-bite couplings and no need for the crimp tool, I prefer home-run lengths of pex too, but will transition almost anywhere to pex when ever possible

the gater bites will cost more than reg. pex fittings but not $100 more!
Advertisement

Tags
galvanized pipe , pex , plumbing , shower