Paint For Bathroom - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

paint for bathroom

Is there a particular pain that is supposed to be used for bathrooms that is resistant to water?
vgentry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 748

Paint itself is not to make a wall/ceiling resistant to water. It can offer a limited amount of protection to moisture or humidity.

If you're asking about the problem in your other thread....http://www.diychatroom.com/f80/crack...ll-tub-338609/ paint is not the answer, cuz the substrate will deteriorate quickly.

If you need a type of paint that is more resistant to moisture. Zinsser make Perma-White just for baths. http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat...interior-paint

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

yes i am asking about a paint from my other thread. Please help me tell the contractor exactly what to do
vgentry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 748

Since this is only a soaking tub with no shower, and it's a new install, you should be good to continue without much repair, if any.

The drywall should be gapped about " up from the tub. That gap can be filled with a tub/tile caulk. Install ceramic tiles leaving an ⅛" gap at the bottom which will later be also caulked to match the grout used for the tiles. He can use mastic for this project instead of the preferred thinset mortar.

I'd think twice before I'd let this contractor do any other tilework. Did they do the shower too?

You should not have to edumacate your contractor. What's his specialty and for what trade is he licensed? ..and where abouts are you?

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:08 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2

Bathroom design

Hi, It's our renovation time and I wish to add custom design to our bathroom.
Not only I need to custom design something to meet our tastes but something that is also very practical and useful.I need my bathroom functional and organized in a unique way. So I planned to get some modern accessories from GTA closets and to start the works.
What are your opinions about this?
monicalkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:15 AM   #6

Smile

The best paint for bathroom

I too was thinking about the same and had a discussion with the working team (avonlea kitchen and bathroom concepts) while the renovation works of our house were going on. They told that the paint alone cannot resist water or moisture.As bathrooms are always wet, moisture is one of the main enemies of bathroom wall paints. We can prevent the impact of moisture to a certain extent with the help of fans ,infrared ceiling heaters, watertight shower curtains,etc. Using high glow paints is the best way to resist water and moisture to a limit. Because high-gloss repels moisture almost as well as if your walls were coated in plastic.. We used such paints for our home and it still looks like a new house. All the credit goes to Avonlea kitchen and bathroom renovations ( http://www.avonlearenovations.com ).
Teresia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement