Neo Angle Tile Shower Install - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 64

Neo Angle Tile Shower Install

I am remodeling a basement bathroom, removing a jetted tub, and installing a shower. Due to the layout of my bathroom I will be installing a 42 x 42 neo angle shower. I would like to create a tile floor shower, and this is my first time doing a shower (I have done plenty of bath remodels but never had to touch the shower / tub). So building a pan from scratch is over my head at this point. Drain location is not an issue as I will be moving them.

What tile ready kits are available that are good for this setup. I was going to go with tileredi but I read enough horror stories in another post to decided that was not the best plan.

I have a friend who has use the Kerdi pan, but not for a neo angle shower, which looks much more complicated.
mattlreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
DIY Veteran

Rewards Points: 10

Shower

From what I know about TileReddi is that all your are doing is eliminating the concrete work from the job. Be sure to get a very good bond with your tile and the prefab pan otherwise you could have a mess on your hand. Voids under the tile create a breeding ground for mold and mildew. Remember that is where the dirt and moisture reside

~ Adam Harpe
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 558
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlreese View Post
I am remodeling a basement bathroom, removing a jetted tub, and installing a shower. Due to the layout of my bathroom I will be installing a 42 x 42 neo angle shower. I would like to create a tile floor shower, and this is my first time doing a shower (I have done plenty of bath remodels but never had to touch the shower / tub). So building a pan from scratch is over my head at this point. Drain location is not an issue as I will be moving them.

What tile ready kits are available that are good for this setup. I was going to go with tileredi but I read enough horror stories in another post to decided that was not the best plan.

I have a friend who has use the Kerdi pan, but not for a neo angle shower, which looks much more complicated.
A neo-angle shower is no different than a square shower. Build your walls, pan and curb with 2x's, cover it with cement board, float-in a cement floor or use a Schluter Systems pan-slope, then use KERDI Mat to waterproof everything. The overlaps will be a little tricky at the curb but if you can wrap a Christmas present you can wrap a neo-angle curb with KERDI Mat. Just remember the two-inch-overlap-rule when using KERDI.

Stay completely away from Tile-Redi, turn and run far far away when you see the product.

Last edited by Bud Cline; 07-31-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement