Need Help Laying Out Recessed Lights... - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 20

Need help laying out recessed lights...

Hi all,

I have a bit of an odd shaped bathroom. It is roughly 15 feet long, and the width is a bit variable (See image below) The image is to scale as best as I could ... There will likely be shelves to the right of the toilet, 6 inches or so in depth. There may be a cupboard to the left of the shower along the top wall.

I am in the process of gutting and redoing it from studs up, and I'm trying to figure out what would make sense as a layout for 3.5 inch recessed lights in the ceiling. As you can see in the image, I will have a 4 light vanity light, as well as a 6 inch waterproof recessed light in the shower.

That leaves me with the rest of the bathroom. There are two doors and a window (also on image). Any suggestions as to where I should place the lights? The number of lights isn't a huge issue for me, as long as they're in some kind of a logical layout and will provide good lighting for the whole bathroom. These are 45 watt equivalent LED soft white lights, if that makes any difference. They are IC and wet rated, so can be put anywhere right into 3 inch holes in the ceiling drywall.

Hoping someone can give me some good advice, I don't want it to look all willy nilly.

Last edited by Jax2; 11-22-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Jax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 3,652

Re: Need help laying out recessed lights...

I don't think you will need much more if you were to use LED's. Maybe a couple equidistant from the door wall and the shower edge. I would separately switch everything as you probably wouldn't need the vanity light on if you are just going to take a shower. But that would be a personal call (ergo. wife)
Attached Thumbnails
Need help laying out recessed lights...-bathlight.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 708

That light above the shower could be a Heat Lamp on a timer switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 996

45w led's are not very bright. i would put at least 4 down the center
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement