Need Help On Bathroom Vanity Sink Upgrade... - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nealtw

Old 06-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help on bathroom vanity sink upgrade...

I'm planning to upgrade my very old 60" vanity but the problem I'm having is that the plumbing and water pipes are located in the wall in the left side of the vanity so my old vanity has sink on the left side with cabinet and two doors under. The right side is empty under the vanity top, no drawers. It's a very small bathroom so I'm looking for a single sink top and lots of drawers underneath. Problem I'm having is that all vanity cabinets I'm finding have either the sink in the middle but then the drawers are on the left and I'm not sure how possible would be to run the plumbing through the drawers, I think not? Other possibility would be to find a 60 inch cabinet with sink on the left and the whole right side wood be drawers. I have not seen anything like that in the market yet. I need help on how to go about it. I love the sink in the middle idea but could that plumbing be ran around the left drawers? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
daniel600x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,104

Re: Need help on bathroom vanity sink upgrade...

I understand all of the details you're giving but after reading this three times I can't figure out what you actually want in the final product with regard to the location of the sink and whether there are drawers and such.
stick\shift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stick\shift For This Useful Post:
daniel600x (06-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick\shift View Post
I understand all of the details you're giving but after reading this three times I can't figure out what you actually want in the final product with regard to the location of the sink and whether there are drawers and such.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on what the question is. My main concern is if it's possible to run the plumbing from the wall in the left side of the vanity cabinet around the drawers if I choose the middle sink option or if it's not possible, where could I purchase a vanity with a left side sink and right side drawers in 60" measurements? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #4
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel600x View Post
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on what the question is. My main concern is if it's possible to run the plumbing from the wall in the left side of the vanity cabinet around the drawers if I choose the middle sink option or if it's not possible, where could I purchase a vanity with a left side sink and right side drawers in 60" measurements? thanks

You might be able to run the plumbing around under certain conditions that the plumbers could talk about as well as how important the walls are to the structure of the building.
You might be able to run the plumbing thru the drawer area by blanking one drawer where it goes.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealtw View Post
You might be able to run the plumbing around under certain conditions that the plumbers could talk about as well as how important the walls are to the structure of the building.
You might be able to run the plumbing thru the drawer area by blanking one drawer where it goes.
If I understand correctly, I could disable one of the drawers, and run the pipes through that space?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #6
retired framer

Quote:
If I understand correctly, I could disable one of the drawers, and run the pipes through that space?

Yes if you are lucky enough to find one with a drawer at the right height or you would loose two.
Maybe a two sink with plumbing for the second sink run close to the back wall and just shorten ono drawer that is between the sinks.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #7
retired framer

You might consider custom from a local cabinet shop.
daniel600x likes this.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes if you are lucky enough to find one with a drawer at the right height or you would loose two.
Maybe a two sink with plumbing for the second sink run close to the back wall and just shorten ono drawer that is between the sinks.
I really want a single sink in the middle. My wall receptacle is on the right of the vanity and I need the extra room for all the electric toothbrush brushes, gadgets, etc. How about two, 30" cabinets next to each other with the sink on the left? Would that work? Where would I be able to get a top with the sink on the left? It's that standard to buy or would be a custom? Any idea of the cost?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #9
retired framer

Quote:
I really want a single sink in the middle. My wall receptacle is on the right of the vanity and I need the extra room for all the electric toothbrush brushes, gadgets, etc. How about two, 30" cabinets next to each other with the sink on the left? Would that work? Where would I be able to get a top with the sink on the left? It's that standard to buy or would be a custom? Any idea of the cost?

Have that custom made would be pricy but if you were to go with a laminate
That would be a lot cheaper, You cut the hole for a drop in sink.
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Kitchen-...s/N-5yc1vZc3bg
You would want a bathroom top, they are not as deep as kitchen tops.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Have that custom made would be pricy but if you were to go with a laminate
That would be a lot cheaper, You cut the hole for a drop in sink.
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Kitchen-...s/N-5yc1vZc3bg
You would want a bathroom top, they are not as deep as kitchen tops.
It's the laminate a good choice for the bathroom? Easy to clean? No chance for a mold too start? I could definitely cut the hole for the sink myself. Is there a difference between the bathroom vanity top and the kitchen sink top?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #11
retired framer

Quote:
It's the laminate a good choice for the bathroom? Easy to clean? No chance for a mold too start? I could definitely cut the hole for the sink myself. Is there a difference between the bathroom vanity top and the kitchen sink top?

Kitchen cupboard are 24" deep and bathrooms s are 22" deep so the top is made to match. Laminates are fine and have been used in bathrooms for ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nealtw For This Useful Post:
daniel600x (06-27-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #12

This is what I'm dealing with, and what I'm looking to get but with single sink preferably in the middle. The first pic is what I have and the other two are what I want. Actually the oakwood cabinet looks like it's 48" but had a drywall cabinet built-in on each side. Very interesting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement