Need Creativity Help. How To Remodel This Bathroom? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Victoriamae83

Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 58

Need Creativity Help. How to remodel this bathroom?

Hi folks,

I have a small bathroom and biggest pain in the rear is that the tub is very shallow and gets cold very fast if you want to use it as a soaking tub.

Size is a challenge. I measured 58-59 inches tub length.

I would really welcome 2 solutions or 3 if there is anything else I am not considering.

1) Cheap solution. How do you get a soaking tub in there? Since size is different in height, still will need to change the tiles?

2) Major renovation of entire bathroom? Budget is open. $5k? 10k?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Creativity Help. How to remodel this bathroom?-20180617_183937.jpg   Need Creativity Help. How to remodel this bathroom?-20180617_184052.jpg   Need Creativity Help. How to remodel this bathroom?-20180617_184116.jpg  
JeffB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 44

Re: Need Creativity Help. How to remodel this bathroom?

I would say it depends on what finished look you want. Of course it is possible to change out the tub and "try" to save the tile work, if that is what you are hoping to do. But the result, in my opinion, will not look nice.

If budget is not super tight, I would look into moving the shower plumbing to the outside wall, then removing the entire bath surround. But to be clear, I'm just a fellow DIYer. I typically come up with great ideas and then my contractor tells me if I'm crazy or not. GOOD LUCK!
JeffB79 likes this.
Victoriamae83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victoriamae83 For This Useful Post:
JeffB79 (06-18-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,502

The tub is measured flange to flange so it is likely 60 inches, tile and backing will easily be 1 1/2".
My acrylic tub is 19" high, If you gut the room, the tub install is fairly straight forward.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriamae83 View Post
I would say it depends on what finished look you want. Of course it is possible to change out the tub and "try" to save the tile work, if that is what you are hoping to do. But the result, in my opinion, will not look nice.

If budget is not super tight, I would look into moving the shower plumbing to the outside wall, then removing the entire bath surround. But to be clear, I'm just a fellow DIYer. I typically come up with great ideas and then my contractor tells me if I'm crazy or not. GOOD LUCK!
Where I live there is no plumbing in the outside wall anymore. And if the outside wall is 2x4 then you would not cheat the insulation for anything.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bathroom , remodeling , tub