Narrow Vanity Top Options - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2016, 09:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 118

Narrow Vanity Top Options

I'm need of replacing a vanity in one for my bathrooms. Its a small bathroom which requires a small vanity. No more than 22" in wide, and around 18" deep. It fits into a corner. I am having trouble finding a pre-made vanity top that fits.

I can really only find two basic options. One cultured vanity that 19"x17" (which was what was there previously). This could probably work, but I was hoping for something a little less basic. I can also find some 16"x16" vanity tops, but I'd rather not go that small and I don't think they are made to go into a corner. I can find lots of options if you up to 24" wide, but that creates interference issues with the room door.

I've read that granite remnants can be had cheaply, but I called a couple shops and ran into minimum order quantities that made this a non-starter. I don't if its worth it to keep calling.

Also, all the small bathroom sinks I see are undermount. This would seem to rule out HPL, which would normally be a go to for simple tops. It would also seem to rule out an idea from rjniles on another thread of a single large format tile (which I find of liked).

I'm not looking for something overly fancy. Just a little less basic. Right now I'm leaning towards making my own top, either out of wood or concrete., but I was originally not planing on something as involved. I'll make the vanity have I select a top, so I'm flexible as to the exact width. Surely, I'm not the only one with a small bathroom. I keep feeling like I must be looking in the wrong place.
LanterDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 3,526

Re: Narrow Vanity Top Options

In my little community less than 50,000 people, there is at least one custom counter top maker, and 3 kitchen cabinet shops, all of them will supply any sized Granite, silestone, marble, etc top I want to order.

Look for a custom cabinet maker, or a counter top maker, you are in the big city, and there must be some there.

ED
de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 118

Re: Narrow Vanity Top Options

Apparently you can buy Corian. (I had always thought that Dupont restricted sales to contractors that went through their training process, but either that has changed or never was the case.) I hear its easy to work with. Anyone here have any experience?
LanterDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement